Shrimp & Feta Couscous
Few things go together as well as shrimp and couscous.
- Heat canola oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and seasonings. Cook until onions soften.
- Add tomatoes, vegetables and chickpeas. Cover and simmer until potato is cooked, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water. Cover and let stand five minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook shrimp in 1/2 tsp (2 mL) olive oil in a non-stick pan for three to five minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and divide among plates. Spoon vegetables over couscous. Add four shrimp to each plate and top with feta and parsley.
Per serving: 296 calories, 14 g protein, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 g carbohydrates, 7 g fibre, 42 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium