This Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup Is a Filling Dish for a Chilly Fall Day
Using the freshest autumn produce makes all the difference in this savoury soup.
Also, these healthy soups are sure to bring you comfort during the chilly months of the year.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
- 5 medium parsnip
- 5 medium carrot
- 2 medium onion
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk (or half-and-half)
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a Dutch over or soup pot, combine parsnips, carrots, onions, sweet potato, turnip, celery, bay leaves and broth.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaves and let cool 20 minutes.
- Transfer in small batches to a blender or food processor, cover and puree until smooth. Return to pot, add half-and-half, tarragon and pepper, and heat through.