Asparagus and Pancetta Gluten-Free Pasta with Hazelnuts
This quick gluten-free pasta is also dairy-free. The light and lemony flavour is perfect for any day of the week, even after work.
What is Gluten-Free Garage? GFG is a foodie event and marketplace, specifically for those looking for great-tasting gluten-free options. Since the first event 2012, GFG happens every year. This year it’s happening on Sunday, May 28, 2017 in Toronto. For ticket info, go to glutenfreegarage.ca.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 340 g gluten-free pasta Try Italpasta Gluten Free Elbows
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Try Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed and cut into 2-cm pieces
- 1/2 cup pancetta diced
- 1 each onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Heat olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat; sauté asparagus, pancetta, onion and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 3/4 cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta, pasta water and lemon juice to skillet; toss to combine well. Season with pepper. To serve, sprinkle with hazelnuts and parsley.
Tip: To toast hazelnuts, place nuts on baking sheet; bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until fragrant and skins are blistered. Wrap nuts in clean tea towel and rub to remove loose skins.
Nutrients per serving: 350 calories, 13 g fat, 150 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrates (2 g fibre, 2 g sugars), 6 g protein.