Gourmet Sweet and Spicy Pork Sliders
Top these gourmet sliders with your favourite condiments or a generous mound of chutney or onion jam.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, tarragon, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, pepper and cloves. Whisk to combine.
- Add onion, apple, walnuts, garlic, water, maple syrup and egg and stir until evenly combined.
- Add pork and mix gently by hand until all ingredients are incorporated, without overmixing.
- Divide mixture into 16 equal portions. Form into thick patties, about 1-1/2 inches (3.8 cm) thick and 2-1/2 inches (6.3 cm) in diameter.
- Grill patties on medium-high heat until cooked to preferred doneness. Serve in small dinner rolls or between baguette slices with desired condiments.
Substitute pork with ground chicken, if desired.
Nutritional Info, Per Serving (1 slider): 206 cal, 10 g protein, 10 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 21 g carb, 2 g fibre, 339 mg sodium.