Hearty Italian Chili
Here’s a traditional hearty chili with Italian touches’spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and pepperoni.
The Ultimate Soup Cookbook, Reader’s Digest
- 450 g ground beef
- 225 g bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper seeded, chopped
- 1 784g can spaghetti sauce
- 1 448g can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 406 g tomatoes diced, undrained
- 126 g mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup pepperoni halved and sliced
- 5 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef, sausage, onion and bell pepper until meat is browned and vegetables are softened. Drain off fat.
- Add 1 cup water, spaghetti sauce, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, pepperoni, chili powder, salt and black pepper. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer Italian chili, uncovered, 30 minutes.