Elixir de Vie
Earl Grey tea adds depth to this fruity virgin cocktail of apple juice, blackberries and raspberries.
Best Health Magazine, Summer 2009
- pinch loose-leaf Earl Grey tea
- 4 oz apple juice
- 3 raspberries
- 3 blackberries
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla simple syrup
- edible rose petals for garnish(available at health food stores; use only flowers grown without chemicals), or substitute raspberries and blackberries
- In a cocktail glass, combine tea and apple juice. Let tea steep into the apple juice until the flavour has been fully extracted (approximately 30 minutes).
- In a shaker, muddle berries, then add lemon juice and vanilla simple syrup. Strain tea and apple juice into shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake well and serve straight up in a martini glass. Garnish with edible rose petals or berries. Serves one.