Red Cabbage Salad with Apricots
This salad is an excellent variation of the usual apple and cabbage combination. The apricots add a lovely tart yet sweet flavour.
photo credit: shutterstock
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 4servings|| 20minutes|| 5minutes|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 4servings|| 20minutes|
- Remove the tough outer leaves from the cabbage. Quarter the cabbage and discard the hard stalk. Shred or thinly slice the cabbage, and place in a large salad bowl.
- Toast the cashew nuts in a dry frying pan over medium heat until fragrant. Allow to cool slightly, then coarsely chop the cashews.
- Put the dried apricots in a colander. Pour boiling water over the apricots, then drain and pat dry with paper towel. Roughly chop them and add to the cabbage along with the cashew nuts.
- Whisk the apple juice, vinegar, salt, if using, and a little freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in the walnut oil.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss until well combined. Serve Garnished with chives.
Per serving: 250 calories, 6 g protein, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 g carbohydrate (11 g sugars), 7 g fibre, 29 mg sodium