Pumpkin and Apple Oatmeal
This healthy oatmeal is deliciously creamy.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup low-fat milk or non-dairy alternative
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup walnuts or pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 large apple diced
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring water, milk, oats and salt to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in pumpkin, walnuts, cranberries, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; heat for five minutes.
- Divide among four serving bowls, top with apple and drizzle with maple syrup. This can be made the night before and then gently reheated in a saucepan with some additional milk or water.
Per serving: 360 calories, 11 g protein, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 61 g carbohydrates, 8 g fibre, 26 g sugars, 3 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium