You’ll Love This Twist on Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potato
If you love a hearty, wholesome family meal, you won’t be able to get enough of this organic beef, sweet potato and potato pie — courtesy of Ontario-based organic meat producer, Beretta Farms.
photo credit: beretta farms
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef try Beretta's organic
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1/2 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1/2 can green peas
- 1/2 cup carrots finely diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- dash ground cinnamon
- dash allspice
- dash nutmeg
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps 2% milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub sweet potato and regular potatoes; dice into cubes and place in a large pot of boiling water and boil until tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the corn, peas, carrots, tomato sauce, Worchestershire sauce and spices. Place in a 1-qt baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. Mash with butter, milk, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.