Healthy Moroccan-Inspired Turkey Kebabs
Seasoning lean turkey meat with flavourful Moroccan spices makes for a winning combination.
photo credit: jodie pudge
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 pinch saffron
- 500 grams ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 24 wooden skewers (or toothpicks)
- Combine mint leaves and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- In a bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, saffron water, ginger, cinnamon, lemon zest, lemon juice, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- In a small dish, mix warm water and saffron; let sit two minutes.
- Mix together. Divide into 24 balls (1 Tbsp/’15 mL each).
- Flatten each into an oval.
- Coat grill with olive oil.
- Grill kebabs for three minutes a side until cooked through. Remove and skewer each.
- Add to platter with dip. Garnish with dried apricots, if desired.
Per Kebab: 46 calories, 4 g protein, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 15 mg cholesterol, 38 mg so