Grilled Asian Salad
This simple salad requires very little cooking time on the grill, as the vegetables have great flavour and texture.
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, whisk together, and adjust seasoning to taste. Set aside.
- Add asparagus, red pepper, yellow pepper, zucchini and red onion to medium-sized bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Place vegetables in a grill basket and grill until vegetables begin to soften. (Or place vegetables on grill across grates to ensure they don't fall through.)
- Cut tofu in half to make two flat pieces. Brush on all surfaces with remaining olive oil. Grill tofu until crispy on all sides. Slice width-wise into 1/2-cm strips and add to grilled vegetables.
- Add dressing, cucumber and half of the cilantro, and gently toss together. Place equal amounts of watercress on four plates. Top with equal amounts of salad. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro leaves.
Per serving: 159 calories, 5 g protein, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 g carbohydrates, 4 g fibre, 0 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium