Crab Remoulade Cups
These flavourful crab remoulade cups are made with flaky phyllo pastry. We suggest using crab claw meat for the remoulade, if available.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3 sheets phyllo pastry thawed
- Crab Remoulade
- 1 container (227 g) crabmeat refrigerated or frozen and thawed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce or to taste
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet red or yellow pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp capers drained and chopped
- Mist 24 mini-muffin cups with cooking spray. Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface; mist sheet all over with cooking spray. Top with second sheet; mist with cooking spray. Top with third sheet; mist with cooking spray. Cut lengthwise into 4 strips and crosswise into 6 strips (for a total of 24 pieces). Press each piece into prepared mini-muffin cup. (If preparing in batches, keep remaining squares covered with a lightly damp cloth to keep from drying out.)
- Bake in a preheated 400°F (200°C) oven until crisp and golden, 4 or 5 minutes. Remove cups from pan and let cool on rack.
- Place crabmeat in a strainer, pressing to remove excess liquid. In a large bowl, whisk mayonnaise, garlic, tomato paste, mustard, vinegar, paprika, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Add drained crabmeat, green onion, sweet pepper, parsley and capers; stir gently to combine. Spoon into baked phyllo cups.
Per cup: 42 calories, 2 g protein, 3 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 2 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 10 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium