Secrets to Staying Healthy & Happy
Do you wonder about the ingredients in your cosmetics? Beauty editor Rhonda Rovan finds out just how safe cosmetic preservatives really are
Sweet potatoes are a less starchy alternative to potatoes — and a delicious way to get a big dose vitamin A.
Last night, Editor-in-Chief Bonnie Munday and I attended the second-annual LOVE HER gala in Toronto. Presented by Ovarian Cancer Canada, it was an evening to celebrate women and raise awareness of this insidious cancer. The stats are sobering: There’s no effective early-detection screening test available for ovarian cancer, and the five-year survival rate for late […]
You can buy carrot juice at the grocery store or juice your own for this refreshing smoothie that’s also packed with orange and peach for a blast of vitamins A, B and C. Plus, ginger is an anti-inflammatory that may even help prevent and slow the growth of cancer.
A simple fish pie can be transformed into a feast by the addition of shrimp and mushrooms. Serve this seafood and mushroom pie with a colourful medley of steamed vegetables, such as snow or sugar snap peas, carrots and baby corn.
We Also Think You’ll Like:
- Yep, You Can Detox and Purify Your Skin and Hair with Activated Charcoal
- 6 Scenarios Where It’s OK to Lie — And When It’s Absolutely Not
- How to Keep Your Joints Healthy (You’ll Be Grateful Later in Life!)
- Make Your Coffee Healthy By Turning It Into An Adaptogen Elixir
- A Sweet & Tangy Cider Can Chicken to Make Your BBQ One to Remember