Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Herbs
Although plum tomatoes take a long time to bake, they require very little attention. They’ll keep for several days in the fridge, so eat these roasted tomatoes with garlic and herbs as is or use them in pasta sauces and salads.
Fight Back with Food, Reader’s Digest
- 3 lb plum tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet pan with foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the oil, garlic, basil, rosemary, sugar and salt. Place the tomatoes cut-side up on the prepared pan, and bake for 3 hours or until the tomatoes have collapsed and their skins have wrinkled.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Per serving: 148 calories, 8 g total fat (13 percent saturated), 4 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 5.4 g fibre, 0 mg cholesterol, 468 mg sodium