Pork & Apple Stir Fry
Serve this lean pork and apple stir-fry with brown rice and a glass of merlot.
- Combine garlic, honey and soy sauce with orange rind and juice; set aside.
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan until hot but not smoking, then add pork. Sear until golden on both sides and remove from pan.
- Add a bit more oil, then add the potato and onion. Stir-fry until golden, then add parsnips and apples. Stir until tender and browned.
- Pour in soy mixture and return pork to pan; stir-fry until pork is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve pork and apple stir-fry over brown rice, if desired.
Per serving: 305 calories, 26 g protein, 8 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 g carbohydrates, 5 g fibre, 73 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium