Old-Fashioned Apple Pie
This classic dessert is so easy to bake!
photo credit: shutterstock
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 lbs apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- Unroll one pie crust and place in a 9 inch / 23 cm pie plate.
- Combine sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl; add apples, tossing gently; spoon into crust.
- Unroll remaining pie crust; roll to 1/8 inch thickness. Place over filling; fold edges under and crimp. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden. Cover edges with foil to prevent excessive browning if necessary. Cool on wire rack one hour before serving.