Nutty Breakfast Parfait
Prepare the granola ahead of time and then simply add the yogurt and fresh fruit when you’re ready to eat.
Recipe courtesy California Walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup divided
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 cups hulled strawberries sliced
- 2 cups peeled peaches thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup kiwifruit (about 3), cubed, peeled
- 2 cups non-fat plain yogurt
- Mix oats and walnuts in 13 x 9 x 2-inch (33 x 23 x 5 cm) baking pan.
- Combine 1/4 cup (50 ml) of the maple syrup and butter in small heavy saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Pour maple syrup mixture over oat mixture; stir to blend well. Bake 10 minutes at 375°F (190°C) oven, stirring occasionally. Bake until mixture is golden and crisp, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes longer. Cool granola completely in pan. (Can be prepared one week ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)
- Gently toss strawberries, peaches, blueberries, kiwifruit and remaining maple syrup in large bowl to blend. Divide half of the fruit mixture among 6 parfait or wine glasses. Sprinkle each parfait with half the granola mixture, dividing equally. Top each with half of the yogourt. Repeat layers. Serve immediately.