Cobb Salad with Seared Steak
Steak can be replaced with deli-sliced roast beef. Or try topping it with chopped cooked chicken or turkey, seared salmon or tuna, if desired.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- Creamy Chive Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp white wine or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives (or thinly sliced green parts of green onions)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Steak and Salad
- 500 g thick striploin grilling steak
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices crisply cooked bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 24 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 2 hard-cooked eggs sliced
- Creamy Chive Dressing: In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine yogurt, vinegar, chives, dill, sugar, salt and pepper; seal and shake until combined.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Cook steak, turning once, for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or until desired doneness. Remove to cutting board; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Divide lettuce among wide, shallow bowls or dinner plates. Arrange bacon, blue cheese, tomatoes, yellow pepper, avocado and eggs in rows overtop. Top with sliced steak and serve with dressing for drizzling overtop.
Nutrients per serving: 405 calories, 41 g protein, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 15 g carbohydrates, 6 g fibre, 192 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium
Originally Published in Best Health Canada