Double Chocolate Donuts with Strawberry Chocolate Glaze
This decadent homemade treat is always a hit.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 100 grams dark chocolate Try Green & Black’s 70% Cocoa Chocolate.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 50 grams white chocolate Try Green & Black's White Chocolate.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° fahrenheit.
- Break up chocolate and put pieces into a large bowl (or bowl of your stand mixer). In a small saucepan on medium heat add butter, milk, and white sugar. Cook mixture while stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Pour over the chocolate and mix with a spoon until the chocolate is completely melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then, while mixing on low speed, add vanilla and eggs. Continue to mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet while your mixer is on medium speed. Allow to come together into a thick cake batter.
- Add your batter to a piping bag or large zip-loc bag with the corner clipped off. Pour the batter into each donut tray leaving about 1/4-inch of space from the top. (If you don't have a donut baking tray, you can use tin foil in a muffin tin. Take an 8" square of foil and shape the donut hole using your thumb. Place in the muffin tray and shape to create the donut cup.)
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove the donuts from the tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- While the donuts are cooling, prepare the glaze. Start by pureeing the strawberries in a food processor. Pass through a sieve and into a small bowl. Discard the contents of the sieve and set the puree aside.
- Get a small amount of water boiling in a small saucepan. Place a metal bowl on top. Add the white chocolate squares and 1 tbsp of butter. Whisk until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and add 1 tbsp of milk and 1 cup of icing sugar and continue to whisk. Add the strawberry puree and finish mixing.
- To gaze the donuts, dip the top half in the strawberry chocolate and place on the cooling rack. You can top the glaze with your favourite toppings including nuts, chocolate flakes, edible flowers or candies. Allow to cool until glaze sets.
Per serving: 273 calories, 3 protein, 11.8 g fat, 39.7 g carbohydrates, 55.8 mg cholesterol, 119.8 mg sodium