Coconut Curry Cod with Bok Choy
You can use either fresh or frozen fillets for this recipe. The coconut curry sauce is also great with mussels; prepare it in a heavy-bottomed pot, add mussels, cover and steam until they open.
Best Health Magazine, January/February 2012; Photo by John Cullen
- To a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, ginger, curry powder and green onions, and sauté until onions soften.
- Add coconut milk, chicken stock, lime juice and cilantro (reserve a few leaves); turn heat to low and simmer for two minutes.
- Add cod and cook, covered, for eight to 10 minutes, or until done. Season with salt and pepper.
- While fish cooks, place bok choy in a small pan with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of water and cook, covered, for four minutes.
- In a small bowl, place red pepper, yellow pepper, green onion tops, bean sprouts and reserved cilantro leaves; toss to combine.
- Divide coconut curry sauce among four plates. Place a piece of fish and bok choy on each plate. Garnish with julienned vegetable mixture.
Per serving: 423 calories, 36 g protein, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 28 g carbohydrates, 10 g fibre, 73 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium