Make This Caffeine-Free Bevvy When You’re Craving Coffee
The bliss-giving raw cacao, liver-loving dandelion root, and hint of chai spices are like a warm hug on a cold morning.
Everyone says they can’t give up coffee because of the sacred ritual around brewing it, smelling it, and sipping it. What about the familiar rush of jitters and anxiety, and the subtle digestive upset that too commonly follows? Tah-dah! I have a new ritual for you: Instead, drink this tonifying bevvy and feel awesome.
- 2 tbsp Dandy Blend or preferred organic dandelion root-based coffee substitute
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar or honey
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup Chai Spice Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 cups hot water or 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Dissolve the coffee substitute, cacao, coconut oil, and sweetener of choice in the warm water. Pour in the almond milk and then your choice of water. Sip away!
Excerpted from The UnDiet Cookbook by Meghan Telpner. Copyright © 2015 Meghan Telpner. Food Photography Copyright © 2015 Maya Visnyei Photography. Lifestyle Photography Copyright © 2015 Catherine Farquharson. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.