These Banana, Date and Chia Muffins are the Perfect On-the-Go Snack
A well-balanced snack for anytime!
Recipe supplied by PRANA
Photo Credit: PRANA
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 Tbsp PRANA ground black chia seeds
- 6 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 bananas very ripe
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups spelt flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp PRANA whole black chia seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground chia, water and 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder. Let sit for 15 minutes until it forms a sticky liquid.
- Remove the pits from the medjool dates and chop finely. Melt the coconut oil in a bain marie.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas using a spoon or fork and then add the ground chia mixture, maple syrup, vanilla essence, melted coconut oil and chopped medjool dates.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Combine together all ingredients and stir well until it becomes a smooth homogenized mixture.
- Pour the mixture into muffin cups. Decorate with a banana slice and sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, and let cool for a few minutes before taking the muffins out of the pan.