Pasta With Pumpkin Coconut Cream Sauce
We swapped regular pasta noodles with spinach rice noodles for an even healthier dish.
photo credit: shutterstock
- 1/2 package spinach rice noodles
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms
- fresh thyme
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup pumpkin purre canned pumpkin
- pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper
- This recipe starts the night (or one hour) before you make it, with a can of coconut milk. Coconut milk has a secret quality when it’s cooled, so when you put a can in the fridge overnight (or in the freezer for an hour) it separates, and a thick, creamy part that resembles freshly whipped cream rises to the top. That’s the part you want to use for this recipe, to make it nice and creamy.
- First, saute onion, garlic, red pepper and mushrooms in olive oil over medium heat. Add a tsp each of black pepper and salt. v
- In a pot, mix coconut cream, pumpkin puree, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast until coconut cream has melted and nutritional yeast has dissolved.
- Mix well and then add sauce to red pepper and mushroom mixture. Turn heat down to low.
- While simmering, cook the spinach noodles until al dente. While simmering, cook the spinach noodles until al dente.
- Add spinach noodles and sauce to plate and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.