Easy and Delicious Vegetable Frittata Sandwich
This recipe makes it easy to sneak more veggies into your day!
- Preheat broiler to low.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and half of the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In an 8-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until tender and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and remaining salt and pepper; cook until softened and no moisture remains, about 5 minutes. Stir in arugula and peppers and cook one minute.
- Pour egg mixture over hot vegetables.
- Stir gently until bottom begins to set, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Transfer to broiler. Broil until egg is just set and top is golden, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove frittata from oven and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cut frittata into 6 portions. Can be wrapped when cooled and kept in the freezer for individual use