Chocolate Cream Pie
This creamy chocolate cream pie will be your new favourite dessert.
photo credit: shutterstock
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced fat milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 6 oz reduced-fat prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 8 oz container reduced-fat frozen whipped topping thawed
- chocolate shavings Optional Garnish
- Combine granulated sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together milk and egg substitute in a medium saucepan. Gradually add granulated sugar mixture, whisking until blended. Add butter and vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat whisking constantly until mixture begins to boil; boil one minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- Pour filling into piecrust. Cover filling with waxed paper; chill 2 hours.
- Spread whipped topping over pie; garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired.
Amount per serving (1 slice (1/8 of pie)): Total Calories: 260, Calories from Fat: 100, Total Fat: 11 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Sodium: 210 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 32 g, Fibre: 1 g,Sugars: 15 g, Protein: 6 g