Pink grapefruit, pineapple and strawberries are super-high in vitamin C’a disease-fighting antioxidant. And if you tend to have low iron levels, it’s good to know that vitamin C helps with absorption of this mineral. So power up your morning with this delicious smoothie. Yum!
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
- 1 large pink grapefruit peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple crushed, canned or fresh
- 1/2 cup strawberries fresh or frozen (if using fresh, add 1/4 cup [60 mL] ice for extra froth)
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- Blend all ingredients together.
Per serving: 159 calories, 7 g protein, 0 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 35 g carbohydrates, 5 g fibre, 0 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium.