The Best Spinach and Strawberry Smoothie
Don’t let the title fool you. Though each serving is packed with a full cup of spinach, the sweetness of fresh strawberries and banana is front and centre in this deliciously drinkable treat.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped, lightly packed
- honey or maple syrup to taste (optional)
- In blender, combine yogurt, water, banana, strawberries, spinach and honey or syrup (optional). Blend on high until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Per serving: about 120 calories, 5g protein, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fibre, 5 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium.
Originally Published in Best Health Canada