Yummy Vegetarian Sushi Pockets
Satisfy your sushi cravings with this delicious and easy-to-make alternative.
- In a small saucepan, add rice to 1/2 cup (125 mL) water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork, cover and cool.
- In a bowl, gently mix avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, yellow pepper, green onion, radish, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Combine the cooled rice and the vegetable mixture.
- Add dressing and stir gently. Adjust seasoning to taste. (You can add diced meat, fish or seafood at this point, if desired.) T
- Transfer to a sealed container and pack for work along with the nori.
- To prepare your lunch, cradle the square of nori in your hand to make a pocket, and spoon in the sushi mixture.