It’s important to have an easy, make-ahead appetizer like this one in your repertoire. Guests adore it, but it’s not so rich that it will take away from the main course. Use a vegetable peeler to remove long strips from a washed lemon.
photo credit: shutterstock
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 logs pain goat cheese soft
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 strips lemon peel
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 leaves fresh basil torn
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- flaky sea salt
- fresh pepper
- sliced baguette or crostini
- Break goat cheese into small chunks and place in a shallow serving dish so there’s room around each piece. Stir olive oil with lemon peel, thyme, basil and chili flakes (if desired), gently crushing herbs with the back of a spoon. Drizzle over cheese. Cover and refrigerate, at least 12 hours and up to 36 hours.
- Remove from fridge about 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with baguette.