Healthy Chicken Parmesan
This healthy recipe tastes even better than the original calorie-heavy dish.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast about 5 oz. (150 g)
- 3 tsp whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup plain tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Place oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Dip chicken breast into flour, coating both sides evenly.
- Place chicken in pan and cook, turning, until both sides are browned and fully cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Reduce heat to low and top chicken with tomato sauce and mozzarella.
- Warm until cheese melts. Serve hot.
Per Serving: 344 calories, 39 g protein, 23 g carbohydrates, 11 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 4 g fibre, 788 mg sodium.