These Banana Peanut Butter Granola Bars Will Fuel You All Morning Long
Made with real, wholesome ingredients, these sweet and crunchy banana peanut butter granola bars will power you up before your next meal.
photo credit: shutterstock
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1½ cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds hulled raw and unsalted
- 1 cup banana chips slightly broken into pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp hulled hemp hearts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 ripe banana roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup golden corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cereal, pumpkin seeds, banana chips, dried cranberries, hemp seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- In a blender, mix banana, peanut butter, corn syrup, honey, oil and vanilla until smooth. Pour over oat mixture and stir until evenly coated. Spread in a greased and parchment paper-lined 9 x 13 inch (3.5 L) metal cake pan, pressing firmly with bottom of greased measuring cup or spatula.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F (160°C) oven until golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely on rack before cutting into bars.
Nutrients per serving: 195 calories, 4 g protein, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 g carbohydrates (3 g fibre), 0 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium
Originally Published in Best Health Canada