Prosciutto, Pear and Parmesan Salad
This quick and easy salad is perfect for a light meal.
photo credit: shutterstock
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 pear cored and thinly sliced
- 4 slices prosciutto about 40g
- 1/4 cup parmesan shaved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Place the arugula and pear slices in a serving bowl. Tear the prosciutto into pieces and add to the bowl together with the parmesan. Gently toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, whisk the oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve at once..
Tip: Stir fry the prosciutto until crisp, then break it into pieces over the salad, or use pancetta instead.
Per serving: 254 calories, 12 g protein, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 13 g carbohydrate (10 g sugars), 2 g fibre, 484 mg sodium