Maple Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
These roasted almonds, flavoured with sweet maple syrup and spicy cinnamon, are quick and easy to prepare and taste delicious.
Recipe courtesy Almond Board of California
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Roast the almonds on a large square baking sheet at 350ºF (180ºC) for 15 minutes.
- Take the almonds out of the oven.
- In a saucepan, mix together the maple syrup, canola oil, vanilla and cinnamon. Heat at medium just until the mixture starts to boil.
- Add the roasted almonds to the saucepan. Toss until the almonds are evenly glazed and covered with the syrup mixture.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with vegetable oil. Spread the maple almond mixture onto the parchment paper and let cool.
- Enjoy the same day or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to enjoy throughout the week.
Serving size: 1/4 cup (50 ml): Calories 245, Total fat 19 g, Saturated 1.5 g, Monounsaturated 12.1 g, Polyunsaturated 4.6 g, Protein 8 g, Carbohyddrates 15 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fibre 4.7 g, Calcium 104 mg, Magnesium 99 mg, Sodium 1 mg, Potassium 283 mg, Vitamin E 9.3 mg