Chewy Date and Walnut Bars
Homemade bars taste SO much better than store-bought bars.
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 16bars || 15minutes|| 20minutes |
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 16bars || 15minutes|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Coat a 9 x 9-in. (23 x 23-cm) square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the margarine, oil, sugar, honey and orange zest and juice in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring until the butter has melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the dates and walnuts.
- Add the oats, making sure they are evenly coated with the butter mixture.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan, pressing it down firmly and evenly. Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the top and press down lightly to embed the seeds in the surface.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan.
- When cooled, turn the contents out onto a cutting board and slice into 16 bars. The bars can be kept in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Each Serving (one bar) Provides: 103 calories, 36 calories from fat , fat 4 g, saturated fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, carbohydrate 16 g, fibre 2 g, sugars 8 g, protein 2 g.