Chocolate Hazelnut Fondue
Dippity do! This mouthwatering chocolate hazelnut fondue tastes like heaven.
Want to save some calories? Replace the usual melted semi-sweet or dark chocolate with rich-tasting cocoa. Any leftover fondue can be refrigerated and spread on melba toast, topped with sliced bananas or strawberries as a midday treat.
Ideal for dipping:
• Banana slices
• Kiwi fruit slices
• Pear slices
• Orange segments
• Pineapple chunks
• Cocktail picks of skewered blueberries and raspberries
• Small biscotti, ginger snaps or other small cookies
• Cubed pound cake or angel food cake
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup hazelnut chocolate spread
- In a small saucepan, whisk evaporated milk and cocoa until smooth; heat over medium just until steaming. Whisk in hazelnut chocolate spread until smooth and warmed through.
- Keep warm in a small chocolate fondue pot (or individual heatproof dishes) set over a tea light. Serve with fondue forks, assorted fruit and cookies.
Per Serving: (Fondue only, about ¼ cup/60 ml per serving): 174 calories, 5 g protein, 8 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 23 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 1 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium