Holiday Gift Guide: Our favourite gifts of 2014
Our gift guide picks start at just $8! Check out these ideas for living healthier and happier
Roots Matty Moto Jacket
Our beautiful collection of gifts start at just $8, but we also couldn’t resist this Roots leather jacket for someone special ($598). It’s a forever piece. Each Matty Moto Jacket is handmade in Canada.
Look Great Gift Ideas
1. Rose-Gold watches are on trend. From left: Timex ($85); Michael Kors ($300 at Watch-It!); Tommy Hilfiger ($145); Swatch ($140).
2. Yves Rocher Redberries Exfoliating shower gel ($9, 200 mL).
3. Banana Republic wool felt hat ($85).
4. Open-ended bangles are so chic. From top: Stella & Dot ($39); Ann Taylor ($40 for set of three); Banana Republic ($62).
5. J.R. Watkins Naturals Pomegranate & Açai Body Care Set has Hand & Body Lotion (325 mL);
Hand Cream (95 g); and Bath & Body Oil (118 mL) ($18 for set).
6. Aldo Beaded tassel necklace ($30).
7. Chanel Le Savon N°5 is an indulgent bath soap ($32, 150 g).
8. The Body Shop Red Musk eau de parfum ($45, 100 mL).
9. Express Rhinestone necklace ($40).
10. Indigo embossed leather coin purse has a key chain and tassel ($14).
11. LoveFresh Pomegranate Scrub ($30, 500 mL).
12. Old Navy cable-knit toque is a wool blend with a neon pompom ($17).
13. Winners leather and cable-knit gloves have a wool lining ($130).
14. Joe Fresh Lambswool sweater is a textured diamond-knit ($39).
15. The Fashion Book ($15 at Indigo).
16. Fresh Fix Kit includes Sugar Therapy Lip Treatment (2.2 g) and Soy Face Cleanser (50 mL) ($23 for kit).
17. LACC Vegan Friendly Nail Colour: 1945 (red); 2008 (gold); 1963 (coral) (each $13,
18. Crabtree & Evelyn Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy: Frosted Fruits; Spiced Ginger; Iced Rose (each $8, 25 g).
19. Sonia Kashuk The Golden Age is a makeup brush set with clutch ($20 at Target).
20. Burt’s Bees Endless Shine is a 100 percent natural lip-shine trio in Wink, Blush and Flutter ($10 for set, each 8.5 g).
21. Philosophy ornaments: Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 Cleanser ($13, 90 mL); Hope In A Jar High-Performance Moisturizer ($20, 15 mL).
22. Quo Cosmetic Crackers contain mini lip gloss and eyeshadow pairings ($15 for a box of three crackers).
23. Gap leather tote bag ($145).
Get Healthy Gift Ideas
1. Saje Pocket Pharmacy offers five aromatherapy roll-on oils to combat everything from headaches to indigestion ($50 for set; each 5 mL).
2. Lululemon hot towel mat is a no-slip mat/towel hybrid for hot yoga ($58).
3. Tory Burch for Fitbit silicone bracelets give your Fitbit a fashion-forward look ($38 each).
4. Honest Leaf slim tea offsets holiday indulgences ($12, 100 g).
5. Adidas by Stella McCartney weekender backpack is great for any getaway ($150).
6. Ahnu Montara boots are perfect for winter trails ($185 at MEC).
7. Lolë Unite Cardigan keeps you warm in cold weather ($100).
8. Jogi glass water bottle ($15 at Loblaws).
9. Jabra Sport Pulse wireless earbuds allow you to enjoy your music while tracking your heart rate ($200 at Best Buy).
10. Leapband Activity Tracker makes fitness fun for your kids ($50 at amazon
11. Powerful stocking stuffers: Clif Bar ($2); Nakd Snack Bar ($1); Kind Bar ($2);
Vega Bar ($3).
12. Darn Tough Vermont Socks are all-season and durable ($15).
13. Incredible by Victoria’s Secret Sport Bra offers you maximum support ($53); Knockout by Victoria’s Secret Capris have Body-Wick fabric to keep you cool and dry ($60).
14. Jamieson Bodyguard Sport protects against joint injuries ($33 for 30).
15. Flora Florasil supports healthy skin, nails and hair ($43 for 180).
16. Reebok Skyscape Chase Shoes ($90 at Foot Locker) are wrapped with due north all-purpose traction aids ($42 at Running Room) so you can cover icy ground.
17. Cap Barbell kettlebells ($40 for set at Canadian Tire).
18. Piyo is a Pilates-yoga fusion workout DVD ($60 at beachbody.com).
19. Muse brain-sensing meditation headband helps you achieve peace of mind ($300 at Indigo).
20. Black Diamond Trail Pro Shock Poles are shock-absorbent to allow you to navigate rough terrain ($114 at MEC).
21. My Tagalongs armband pouch is perfect for stashing running essentials ($12).
22. Oakley drop in sunglasses are no-slip ($165).
Drake General Store Landscape Tableware
Set a Canadian scene with this gorgeous DGS Landscape Tableware, with its stunning images from the Arctic, Rockies, Maritimes and Yukon (pieces sold separately, from $15 at drakegeneralstore.ca).
Eat Well Gift Ideas
1. Target Oh Joy! Large Bowl ($15) and Target Oh Joy! Servingware Set ($10) are great for holiday hosting.
2. Target Oh Joy! Oven MItt ($5).
3. Le Creuset Palm Revolution Large Spatula makes mixing a treat ($27).
4. Le Creuset Palm Round French Oven (3.3 L) features even heat distribution and heat retention for delicious results ($395).
5. PC Home Acacia Cheese Board is perfect for cheese lovers ($12).
6. Counting Sheep Coffee 46 winks is a Canadian company whose decaffeinated coffee is blended with sleep-promoting valerian root ($13 per 340 g pre-ground bag).
7. Target Nate Berkus Lion place-Card Holders ($10 for two) and Place Cards by Kate Spade New York ($10 for 12) display guest names at dinner parties.
8. Indigo gold cursive monogram mug in letters A-Z ($12).
9. Sensations Sea Salt-topped Dark-Chocolate covered Caramels are a decadent treat ($5).
10. Milk & Honey Eat More Salad acacia wood salad servers are engraved with a fun reminder to eat your greens ($40 at etsy.com).
11. The Everyday Squash Cook: The Most Versatile & Affordable Superfood (HarperCollins) features more than 100 recipes, as well as tips on cutting and storing squash ($25).
12. Nutri Bullet is essential for smoothie lovers ($90).
13. Canadian Drip Maple Syrup is certified organic-and guaranteed delicious ($26, 500 mL; at Indigo).
14. Indigo Woodland Animal Appetizer Plates are perfect for snacks ($35 for set of four).
15. Nespresso Inissia is compact in size; advanced technology offers pre-programming and automatic power-off ($149).
16. Love my Local Canada map chopping board is handcrafted from bamboo ($89 at etsy.com).
17. Indigo Antler Bottle Opener ($15).
18. LOVE Bamboo Coasters are super-cute! (set of six, $21 at ebay.ca).
19. 12 Teas of Christmas includes seasonal favourites like Apple Custard and Santa’s Secret ($30 at David’s Tea).
20. Starbucks Gold Dot travel mug is so pretty ($22).
Chalkboard Ball Ornaments
Trim the tree with these Chalkboard Ball Ornaments that let you write a festive message on each one. Black looks especially beautiful mixed with gold or silver colour themes ($6 for box of four, Rona).
Embrace Life Gift Ideas
1. Patterned wireless headphones let you listen to music or take calls ($20 at Winners)
2. J+ Wireless headphones come in red or black ($29 at Loblaws).
3. Advent calendar features a treat inside each little metal tin, which all stick to a magnetic chalkboard ($30 at Starbucks).
4. Canon Selphy Photo Printer lets you print wirelessly from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ($110).
5. Beaver Canoe Paddle Throw is so cozy ($60 at Target).
6. Moda:ko iPad case is a Canadian brand that comes in iPad mini (shown; $45) or regular size ($70).
7. White reindeer adds holiday cheer to any décor ($12 at Loblaws).
8. The Game of Things is a hilarious party game invented by Canadians ($30).
9. Elf on a Shelf box sets are a holiday classic and come in boy or girl elf “scouts”-let kids believe they’re Santa’s eyes and ears ($40 at Target).
10. Me to We holiday card purchases help provide essentials such as clean water to Free the Children communities ($5 per card).
11. Birch Tree candle holders come in two sizes ($6-$8 at Rona).
12. Herschel Heritage kids’ backpack comes in chic patterns. Shown: navy hyde ($40).
13. HTC One Smartphone has a five-inch screen and a wide-angle camera lens. It’s bundled with the Fitbit exercise tracker and comes in three finishes ($199 with select two-year plan).
14. Pretty in Ink offers a self-inking, customizable stamp ($65). Pair it with their cards and envelopes (shown: Pool Ombre Universal Stamp Cards; $15 for set of 10).
15. Moose linen throw pillow ($45 at Indigo).
16. Blacks card and smartphone case make memorable gifts of your favourite photos (accordian card, $6; phone case, $15).
17. Pink leather passport cover ($16 at Indigo).
18. Go Pro HD Hero 3+ Waterproof Video Camera mounts on a helmet to record all your adventures ($380 at Best Buy).
19. Arborist toques let you choose from a variety of Canadian provinces and regions ($24).
20. Arborist Onesie-Mounties come in adult and kids’ sizes. They have their own bag and make a great base layer ($32-$39).