Gifts for eating well
Need the perfect gift for the foodie or aspiring gourmet on your list? Spoil them with these gifts for the kitchen
This gorgeous Krups 1L Electronic Glass Tea Maker is both a kettle (choose from four water temperatures) and a teapot, with its removable steeping basket ($130 at major retailers). Loose-leaf tea shown: Sloane Tea in Celebration Medley ($22 at select boutiques). Read on for more great foodie gift ideas.
1. T-Fal OptiGrill has sensors to measure thickness and help grill to perfection ($250 ‘at Canadian Tire).
2. Ethical Bean Coffee in Classic Medium Roast ($12 at grocery stores).
3. Nudo Italia Extra Virgin Olive Oil gives you the cool option of ‘adopting’ your own olive tree ($16, 500 mL, at nudoadopt.com).
4. Emile Henry Crème Brûlée Set helps you create a perfect dessert ($90 for set of six ramekins and torch; at Hudson’s Bay).
5. Bar-10-Der is a multipurpose kitchen and cocktail tool ($50 at Hudson’s Bay).
6. Love Child Organics is all-natural Canadian baby food (10 flavours; $2 each at grocery stores).
8. PC Cableknit Canisters keep your cooking ingredients within easy reach (small $4; large $9; at Loblaws).
9. Cuisipro Scoop Bowls have a flat side so you can easily scoop chopped ingredients from the cutting board ($10 for set of three; at kitchen stores).
10. Cake Boss Measuring Spoons have pretty handles ($7 for set at Canadian Tire).
11. Yummi Yogi Cookie Cutters come in five different poses (shown: Warrior II and Tree; ‘$9 each at yummiyogi.com).
12. iSpoon Kitchen Stylus is a spoon on one end and a stylus on the other; no more getting batter on your tablet screen ($7 at Umbra).
13. Pommies Dry Cider is made from Canadian heritage apples ($13 for case of four, available at select liquor stores).
14. How to Feed a Family Cookbook features 100+ recipes and was created by two Canadian journalists ($30).
15. Canadian Icon Coasters are wood and have cute quotes ($15 for set of four at Indigo).
16. Vosges Chocolate Bars in Black Salt Caramel and Cherry Rooibos ($11 each at Hudson’s Bay).
17. Denby Malmo Tabletop Collection are pretty in classic blue and white ($30’$179 ‘at Hudson’s Bay).
18. Expanda Expanding Trivet fits any size pot or pan ($15 at Umbra).
19. Rock Bottom Dice and Diamond Chills keep your drink cold without watering it down ($13 for set of seven, at Trudeau).
20. Sloane Tea in Mint Chocolate ($22 at select boutiques).
21. Kate Spade Uptown/Downtown Salt and Pepper Shakers are chic and cheerful ($30 at Hudson’s Bay).
Don’t miss out! Sign up for our free weekly newsletters and get nutritious recipes, healthy weight-loss tips, easy ways to stay in shape and all the health news you need, delivered straight to your inbox.