Source: Web exclusive: March 2008
Pick one or two of these options for a snack each day, based on your activity level. Each choice totals approximately 150 calories.
- 2 cups /500 mL air-popped popcorn and 2 tablespoons/25 mL peanuts
- ½ cup/125 mL low-fat yogurt topped with 2 tablespoons/25 mL chopped dried fruit and 2 tablespoons/25 mL toasted slivered almonds
- Small homemade bran muffin
- 1 cup/250 mL skim or 1% milk
- 1 cup/250 mL vegetable crudites and 1/3 cup/75 mL hummus
- 2 tablespoons almonds/25 mL and 2 tablespoons/25 mL dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons walnuts/25 mL and 1 fresh apple
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter/15 mL on 4 whole grain crackers
Found this article informative? Subscribe to our magazine today and receive more Best Health exclusives delivered to your door!