The Grown-Up Girl’s Guide to Holiday Shimmer
You don’t need to rock head-to-toe metallics to herald the holiday season. Sometimes just a little dab will do you. A sparkly manicure or a spritz of scented shimmer can be just the trick.
1. A combo of light, dark and pearl shades helps create a radiant glow, while the hand-crafted cat shapes deliver a nuanced lightness.
Paul & Joe Cheek Color Petit Promenade, Limited Edition, $48 at beautyboutique.ca
2. Lightly scented with the house’s classic vanilla-laced Shalimar scent, this golden shimmer powder is the perfect finishing touch to any holiday ensemble and will look just as fetching resting on your vanity.
Guerlain Souffle d’or de Shalimar, $105 at Guerlain boutiques and select counters
3. Swap your everyday black or brown eye pencil for this festive gold formula, which will help lighten and brighten your eyes in an instant.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Metallic Luster Liner in Liquid Gold, $23 at sephora.ca
4. Use this stay-all-day liquid to highlight the inner corners of your eyes for day, or layer it on top of black or gunmetal grey liner for extra pop come cocktail hour.
Urban Decay Razor Sharp Water-Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliner in Cuff, $27 at sephora.ca
5. Infused with argan, açai and primrose oils, this polish not only looks lush but also nourishes your nail plate to help ditch winter’s dry spell.
Sally Hansen Color Therapy in Therapewter and Slicks and Stones, $12 each at mass-market retailers