10 tips for an awesome complexion
Here are ten simple things you can do for a clean, clear, healthy face
1. Eat a balanced diet full of fibre, fruits, and vegetables.
2. Keep your hands off of your face and keep your cell phone and headphones clean.
3. Drink plenty of clear liquids and water and avoid drinking too much soda, which is full of sodium, and usually caffeine, sugar, and artificial ingredients.
4. Always protect your skin from the sun!
5. Never go to bed with a dirty face. Always remove all makeup and wash your face with a mild cleanser before bed. Especially after a night out, your skin will thank you in the morning.
6. Always get your ‘beauty sleep’; lack of sleep can add to stress and cause breakouts.
7. Never squeeze or pop a pimple.
8. Use a facial mask appropriate for your skin type weekly.
9. Gently exfoliate dead skin and surface debris weekly or biweekly, depending on your skin type.
10. When it comes to makeup, less is definitely more. And again, your skin will thank you.
Excerpted from EcoBeauty by Lauren Cox Copyright © 2009 by Lauren Cox. Excerpted by permission of Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House of Canada Limited. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.