Walnut and Anise Biscotti
Middle-Eastern flavour is infused into this recipe from Israel. Anise seed adds a distinctive taste to these biscotti and makes every bite out of this world.
Recipe courtesy California Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°).
- In bowl beat butter and sugar with hand mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs until well combined.
- In small bowl whisk together flour and baking powder, walnuts, dried cranberries, anise and lemon zest. Add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into a large log, about 4' x 12' (10 cm x 30 cm). Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in centre of preheated oven until golden, approximately 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and slice into 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) thick slices (diagonally for longer cookies or straight across for smaller).
- Return biscotti to baking sheet, cut side down, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Flip to other side and bake 10 minutes longer, or until completely dry.