Poached Salmon Steaks with Horseradish and Chive Sauce
These poached salmon steaks with horseradish and chive sauce make a light and tasty dish rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
30 Minutes a Day to Healthy Heart, Reader’s Digest
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 4servings|| 10minutes|| 30minutes|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 4servings|| 10minutes|
- Pour the milk into a large non-stick frying pan and add the water, lemon juice, onion, celery, carrot and peppercorns. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon steaks to the pan and bring the liquid back to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and poach the fish for about 10 minutes or until the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the horseradish, sour cream, mayonnaise, chives and pepper to taste in a bowl. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Using a large slotted spatula, transfer the poached salmon steaks to a platter lined with a paper towel. Allow to drain. Discard the poaching liquid.
- Transfer the poached salmon steaks to a serving plate and spoon over the horseradish and chive sauce. Serve hot.
Per serving: calories 404, saturated fat 7 g, total fat 27 g, sodium 382 mg, cholesterol 70 mg, protein 29 g, carbohydrate 11 g, fibre 1 g