Mushroom and Swiss Cheese Mini-Quiches
Given that they’re crustless, these savoury vegetarian mini-quiches will make a pretty addition to your sandwich tray.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms or shiitake mushroom caps, chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 cups spinach chopped
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Pinch nutmeg ground
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Mist 24 stick-resistant mini-muffin cups with cooking spray. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms and red onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg; cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted and no liquid remains, 1 or 2 minutes. Divide among prepared muffin cups; sprinkle each with Swiss cheese.
- In a blender, blend eggs, milk, flour and baking powder until smooth; pour over mushroom mixture, dividing evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until puffy and set, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan on rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per quiche: 47 calories, 3 g protein, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 55 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium