Chocolate Cake Brownies
photo credit: shutterstock
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener Granulated
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄3 cup soft margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts chopped, (optional)
- Combine SPLENDA® Granulated, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, beat margarine eggs and vanilla for 1 minute. Add applesauce and beat just until blended. Stir in flour mixture and nuts just until blended.
- Spread evenly in greased 8-inch (20 cm) square pan. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 15 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool on rack. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Serving Size: 1 brownie
Total Calories: 85, Calories from Fat: 54, Total Fat: 6 g, Total Carbohydrates: 7 g, Fibre: 1 g, Protein: 2 g