Official Prize Draw Rules
- HOW TO ENTER:
- Visit Best Health Magazines, published by Reader’s Digest Magazines Canada Limited (hereinafter RD) website located at www.besthealthmag.ca and follow the instructions on how to register. You may also go to www.facebook.com/besthealth to find out how to enter. This prize draw period closes on February 13, 2020 at 23:59:59 (EST). Website tracking determines date and time of entry.
- One entry per person, per day will be accepted. One “day” is 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 (EST).
- No purchase is necessary to enter and to win.
- This prize draw is open to Canadian residents who, at the time of participation, have reached the age of 18. Employees of RD, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, the sponsor, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors/sponsor are not eligible to enter. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- This prize draw is void outside of Canada.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Log on to the website mentioned in sub-section 1.1 above and follow directions provided to register.
- All entry requirements specified on our website must be followed in order to be entered for a chance to win the prize offered.
- PRIZE AND AWARDING:
- On February 20, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. EST a random electronic draw will be performed at our Montreal office, one (1) winner will be awarded a 9-day (8-night) trip to Peru for two (2) adults (18+ years old) valued at up to $6,998.00 Canadian funds, depending of city of departure.
- This prize includes:
- International Economy Airfare for 2 from any major city in Canada valued at up to a maximum of $1,500.00 per person and a 9-day (8-nights) Inca Discovery Plus (Lares Trek) Itinerary tour package valued at $1,999.00 per person. Prize supplied by G Adventures (the Sponsor);
- Accommodations: Hotels (6 nights), camping (2 nights);
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners (allow $190-$250 USD for meals not included).
- Ccaccaccollo Community and Women’s Weaving Co-op visit, Ccaccaccollo
- Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay
- Cuncani Community Campsite, Cuncani
- Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products
- Cusco. Sacred Valley guided tour.
- Pottery making demonstration.
- Lares Trek guided hike with cooks and porters (4 days).
- Internal flights.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- G Adventures Representatives in Lima and Cusco, specialist Lares Trek CEO (Chief Experience Officer) on hike.
This prize does not include:
All travel related expenses including but not limited to transportation to and from home, airfare costs exceeding the aggregate total specified herein, taxes, gratuities, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, departure taxes, hotel, resort or property fees, food & beverage and excursions not specifically included in the applicable trip itinerary and personal expenses including but not limited to telephone/Internet charges and gift shop purchases are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and Guest.
- Travel must be booked by April 30, 2020 ;
- Travel must be completed by July 31, 2020;
- The winner must select a departure that has at least 4 confirmed and paying travelers in order to be part of a group;
- Tour date may change;
- This prize is not transferable, cannot be extended or redeemed for cash. In case of cancellation, for any given reason, the trip will be forfeited;
- It is the winner’s and travel companion’s responsibility to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and to comply with any customs immigration requirements;
- Mandatory Medical insurance, at the expense of winner and companion is required to be part of the tour group;
- Prize is subject to the winner and companion agreeing to G Adventures’ booking terms and conditions found here: gadventures.com/terms-conditions-policies/
For further detail on this prize, visit the Inca Discovery Plus (Lares Trek) itinerary
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. Prize cannot be used towards the accumulation of miles/points of any Loyalty Airline programs. The Sponsor may substitute the prize for an alternative trip (with the prior approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses, et des jeux), provided that such alternative trip shall have a value no less than the value stated in section 4.2 of present rules. The prize is guaranteed to be awarded. By entering the prize draw, entrants agree to abide by the prize draw rules, and the decisions of RD are final on all matters regarding this prize draw. In order to win a prize, participants must register at the websites mentioned in 1.1 above. The qualifying winner will be notified by mail, shortly after the prize draw close date. The winner must sign a claim form and will be asked to correctly answer a skill-testing question in order to claim the prize. RD will then put the winner in contact with the Sponsor to book the trip. Both the winner and the guest will be asked, by the Sponsor, to sign and return within seven (7) days of their contact, a Release and Declaration form.RD reserves the right to give away unclaimed prize to the next eligible winner.
- RD and its respective parent companies, the Sponsor, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. All entries become the sole property of RD and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event an insufficient number of entries are received, RD reserves the right to cancel the prize draw (with the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux) and shall be under no obligation to award the prize. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified. All entrants must have a valid email address. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. ‘Authorized Account Holder’ is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internal access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Participation in the prize draw and acceptance of prize constitute the winner’s permission for RD to use his/her name, photograph, biographical information, and film (if applicable) and/or any statements made by the winner regarding the prize draw without notice or additional compensation. By participating, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless RD, and its respective parent companies, the Sponsor, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in prize draw, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize draw-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this prize draw in any way shall be disqualified.
- Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited. RD is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone, or other communication malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the prize draw, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this prize draw or downloading or uploading any materials in this prize draw. RD reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this prize draw (with the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the prize draw. In such case, RD will select the winner from all eligible entries received. RD reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the prize draw or website. RD may prohibit an entrant from participating in the prize draw or winning a prize if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the prize draw by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or RD employees.
- Caution: any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the prize draw may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, RD reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This prize draw is in no way endorsed by Facebook and information provided by entrants is not provided to Facebook but rather to RD.
- LEGAL:This prize draw complies with all Canadian laws. In Quebec, the required duties have been paid. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (Régie) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Information concerning this prize draw will be available online at besthealthmag.ca. Or you can write to: ‘Best Health Peru Getaway Prize Draw (2019)’ at The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC, c/o Prize Draw Administrator’s Office, 300-5101 Buchan Street, Montréal, Québec H4P 1S4. This prize draw is owned, operated and administered by The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC.