Yesterday on the Toronto subway, my form of getting to work, the trains were stopped because of some sort of an emergency. It turns out that, according to reports today in the paper, a few people had fainted at one station, and the fear was that there was some sort of gas leak there. So the public transport authorities stopped service to that station to investigate. They found that there was in fact no gas leak but that people had fainted simply because of a combination of being too hot in their winter coats in a crowded subway–and because they likely hadn’t eaten breakfast! Their blood-sugar was, apparently, low. That’s yet another good reason to do as your mom always told you: Eat breakfast.