It’s Cinco de Mayo! Celebrate with this Mexican-inspired Meatless Monday recipe, courtesy of Vega.
Ingredients (serves two)
‘ 1 ripe avocado
‘ 1 cup cooked quinoa
‘ ½ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
‘ ½ red pepper, chopped
‘ ¼ cup red onion, diced
‘ ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
‘ Juice of one lime
‘ 3 Tbsp Vega Antioxidant Omega Oil
‘ 2 tsp agave nectar (or your favorite sweetener)
‘ 1 tsp Dijon mustard
‘ 1/8 tsp ground cumin
‘ Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh (being careful to keep each half whole).
2. In a medium sized bowl, toss quinoa, black beans, red pepper, red onion and fresh cilantro.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
4. Toss quinoa mixture with the dressing until well coated.
5. Fill each avocado half with the quinoa mixture and serve immediately.