Nothing makes me happier than the months of June, July and August. But all too often the sunny season whizzes by in a blur. What’s more, between the late summer nights and early mornings with the kids—we’re going camping for 10 days this year, for example—I often feel frazzled by the time September rolls around.
Luckily, the summer issue of Best Health magazine is chock full of tips on how to have a healthy, restful and joyous summer. Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find in the issue:
- Summer entertaining and healthy grilling tips from cookbook authors Bonnie Stern and Trish Magwood
- Five hot weather beauty essentials
- Vitamin truths: Should you supplement or not?
- How a motorcycle liberated one Canadian mom
- The truth about parabens, a common cosmetic preservative
- The surprising benefits of Facebook and other social networking sites for women of all ages
- New bathing suits for every body
- Quick summer meals, plus ways to pump more delicious berries into your meals
- A quiz to help you identify your libido type—plus strategies to get in synch with your partner
- Easy ways to cut 100, 250 or 500 calories
- Scrumptious picnic recipes from Food Network host Paul Finkelstein
What a lineup! Seriously, you’d be crazy not to pick up the issue. (Of course, it’s cheaper to subscribe.) You’ll find the summer edition on newsstands at Shoppers Drug Mart, Great Canadian News, Loblaws, Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Costco and Chapters/Indigo.
We hope you’ll enjoy it! Let us know what you think!