Lateral Lunge with Torso Twist
(Works inner and outer thighs, butt, quadriceps and hamstrings, obliques and core)
Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart, chest up, arms crossed and hands resting on shoulders.
1. Bend the right knee and sit back as you simultaneously rotate your torso toward the lunging (right) leg. Keep your chest up at all times and hips facing forward throughout execution of exercise.
2. Repeat on the left side.
3. Alternate sides
Alternating Mountain Climber
(Works obliques, core, hip flexors and arms)
Get in a push-up position with wrists directly under shoulders, legs straight and feet apart. Keep your spine straight from the top of your head to your tailbone and pull your belly button in toward your spine.
1. Lift your right foot and bring your knee toward your left shoulder.
2. Return the leg to starting position and repeat by bringing the left leg towards the right shoulder.
3. Alternate legs
Alternating Back Lunge
(Works inner and outer thighs, butt, quadriceps and hamstrings)
1. Stand with feet hip width apart.
2. Take a step back with the left leg. Bending at the knees, lower yourself until both thighs are parallel with the ground. Both legs should create 90-degree angles. Do not lean forward.
3. Pushing off from the toe of your back foot, lift the back leg and swing it forward to starting position.
4. Repeat the lunge with the right leg.
5. Alternate legs.