Notice anything unusual about these skates? You tighten them with a simple twist of the knob. Thanks to a reel-and-cable system, there’s no more fiddling with laces! (Reebok BOA Figure Skates, $150). For more healthy gift ideas, read on.
1. HBC 2014 Red Mittens: Part of the proceeds are donated to the Canadian Olympic Foundation ($10 at Hudson’s Bay).
2. Lunatik Athletiks Zuza Performance Compression Socks reduce lactic acid buildup and help muscles recover ($44).
4. Jogi Yoga Mat ($15 at Real Canadian Superstore).
5. Oopsmark Yoga Strap ($36).
6. Jogi Core Balance Cushion helps strengthen your core when you stand on it ($20 at Real Canadian Superstore).
7. Essentrics Barre Workout DVD ($20).
8. Jamieson Vitamin C Sachets 1,000 mg ($10 for 14 sachets).
9. Down Home Amy Snack Pouches are reusable; stash healthy snacks and essentials in them (small $15; large $18).
10. Clif Builder’s Bar ($2).
11. Carry Me Om Tote is expandable, and even holds your laptop ($128 at Lululemon).
12. Sweaty Bands for hair ($20 at Running Room).
13. Nike+ Fuelband tracks your daily steps, calorie burn and more ($149).
14. Sochi 2014 Canadian Olympic Team Collection Women’s Fleece Hoodie ($75 at Hudson’s Bay).
15. Roots Cabin String Mitts ($36).
16. Fitbit Aria Wifi Smart Scale tracks weight, body fat and much more ($130 at Indigo).
18. Graffiti 110 Snowboard is a customizable kids’ board (markers included; $40 at Canadian Tire).
19. Ambler Canuck Beanie for kids ($25 at MEC).
20. Nutrasea Omega-3 Supplement ($25, 200 mL).
22. POC Lobes Goggles are lightweight and shatterproof ($200 at Sporting Life).
23. Philips Wake-up Light is a kinder way to get you up on dark winter mornings ($100 at amazon.ca).
Don’t miss out! Sign up for our free weekly newsletters and get nutritious recipes, healthy weight-loss tips, easy ways to stay in shape and all the health news you need, delivered straight to your inbox.